Patchouli is the name of the plant and the oil is the name of the oil produced. Judging from its shape, patchouli plants have no economic value. However, essential oils from bush plants are the most sought after in the world as perfume raw materials, cosmetics and medical.
According to historians, patchouli oil has been used for centuries by Asian societies such as Indonesia, Malaysia, India, Madagascar, China and parts of Latin America such as Paraguay and Brazil.
Patchouli oil obtained from patchouli leaf distillation in the form of pachoully alcohol 45-50%. Patchouli leaf distillation can be done in several ways that is boiled, steamed and steam distillation. OK, we leave first the history, the process and the cultivation of patchouli. Here we will describe some of the benefits and properties of essential oil or patchouli oil.
- The most commonly used essential oil is as a stress repellent. Therefore, regular use of essential oils can give you a sense of calm and comfort.
- Essential oils have a unique aroma. The smell can directly touch the mind and soul. That is why essential oils are also used to make incense and perfume. To produce a unique aroma of essential oil, essential oils can be mixed with other oils such as sandalwood, roses, jasmine, nuts, and oranges.
- This oil is also used for massage and aroma therapy. Massage with essential oils can calm the mind and the soul, relaxes the nerves and most importantly can relieve stress. In the case of dermatitis (skin inflammation) and depression, essential oil is the most efficacious drug.
- This oil can also be used for healing various skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis. That’s because patchouli oil has antiseptic properties so relatively faster in curing skin diseases or injuries. In addition, this oil also prevents wounds from further infection.
- This oil has anti aging properties (aging) early. That is why essential oils are widely used for exceptional skin care products. This oil makes skin younger and healthier. Also effectively used for scars, wrinkles and dry skin.
- Essential oil or patchouli oil can also prevent the occurrence of body odor. It is therefore widely used as a deodorant material.
- Not many believe this, but in fact essential oils can protect the house from insects. Because essential oils also have insecticidal properties that are not insulated by insects and can kill insects. Can be used sprayed or vaporized.
- Essential oils protect your skin from various kinds of damage. This oil can also heal burns and ulcers. With regular use, essential oils can remove rashes from measles and smallpox.
- Another benefit of essential oils is to treat some sexual problems such as loss of libido, impotence, erection problems and frigidity (difficult orgasms – usually women). In addition it can lower cholesterol and help you lose weight.
- Essential oils are also useful for use in treatments such as cough, nausea, diarrhea, coldness and headaches. At the time of fever, especially caused by infection, essential oil is the best medicine.
- Finally, this oil helps build the immune system and fight infections.